The services tied to your Classic Bank Visa Check Card determine the services you will be able to access in mobile banking. For example, if you have the capability to transfer between accounts on your Classic Bank Visa Check Card at an ATM, you will have this same capability in mobile banking. Classic Bank's Mobile Money product is supported by Monitise Americas LLC.
All Bill Payment payees must be set up through Classic Bank Internet Banking before paying through Mobile Banking. Our Text Messaging, Mobile Banking feature provides quick and easy answers on all of your account balance inquiries.
Go mobile. Register here to bank anywhere, anytime with Classic Bank.
- Consumer FAQs
What is Classic Bank's Mobile Banking?
Classic Bank's Mobile Banking is an easy way to access Classic Bank accounts from anywhere, at any time, using your mobile phone. You can use our App to view your account balances and activity, transfer money between accounts or pay bills. You can also text us use the text feature to receive up-to-date balance information.
What accounts can I access with Classic Bank's Mobile Banking?
You can access information from your Classic Bank checking and savings accounts.
Should I have a certain mobile carrier or phone to use Mobile Banking?
The short answer is no. Because our App can be downloaded to the phone, or accessed with a mobile Internet connection, you do not need to worry about carrier or model limitations. All you need is a mobile Internet connection. Similarly, if you have text messaging enabled on your phone, you can text for your balance regardless of what carrier or phone you have. We even have an App for the iPhone™.
Is Classic Bank's Mobile Banking secure?
Yes. Developed with some of the foremost banking security companies in the world. Classic Bank's Mobile Banking keeps your personal information safe and secure with the following features:
- We offer a secure online registration web site.
- No personal or sensitive information, such as account numbers or passcodes, are stored on the mobile phone.
- You select a unique passcode for the App that is different from your PIN number to access Mobile Banking.
- The App identifies your phone each time you conduct a mobile transaction.
To Safely use Mobile Banking Apps, you should follow these tips:
1. Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you're dealing directly with your bank.
2. Remember, your bank would never contact you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
3. Avoid sharing your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don't save this information anywhere on your phone.
4. Don't set the Web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
5. Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
6. Immediately tell your mobile operator if you lose your phone.
How much does it cost?
At this time, there is no fee to use Classic Bank's Mobile Banking. Your mobile phone carrier may charge a fee for data access or text messages. For details about these charges, please check with your mobile carrier.
Does the service work on my iPhone™?
Yes, Classic Bank's Mobile Banking has an App for the iPhone™, iPod, and iPad. You can find the app here.
How do I get started using Classic Bank's Mobile Banking?
Visit www.classicbank.com and select Mobile Banking.
How does the Web site registration work?
Web site registration is a simple process that requires you to provide identifying information and account details using a Web-based form. The site will guide you through the process of registering your phone, accessing our App and enabling balance inquiries via text messages. To register, visit www.classicbank.com.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Does it take long to download the App?
When you begin the download, the App will run a one-time process to establish a secure connection. This takes approximately 60 seconds and produces a unique code to ensure that all future connections are secure. This is a special security procedure for first-time users. If your mobile phone fails to complete the security process successfully, then you will need to delete the App from your phone and download it again.
How do I answer the question "Use Data Network?"
If you are downloading the application, some carriers such as AT&T will ask this question. Select "Yes, Ask Once" to only be asked this question once during each mobile banking session.
How do I access Classic Bank's Mobile Banking App on my phone?
If you downloaded the App to your phone, you can open Classic Bank's Mobile Banking by selecting it from your mobile phones' application or games menu. If you are accessing our App from your mobile web browser, you can access the link that you received during the registration process. If you did not bookmark this link, you should be able to find it in your history menu.
How do I review my account balance?
The easiest way to review your account balance is to text us. You can also use our App to access balance information by simply selecting the account you wish to view.
How do I review past transactions performed on my mobile phone?
To view past transactions, open the Mobile Banking's App and select 'History'. Your latest inquiries or transactions performed on your mobile phone are stored here for future reference.
How do I transfer money between accounts?
To transfer money, open Classic Bank's Mobile Banking App and select 'Transfer'. Then, choose the account to transfer from, and then select the account to transfer to. Enter the amount to transfer, select 'OK' and review and confirm the information is correct. Remember: All mobile banking account transfers can only occur on accounts that are tied to your Classic Bank Visa Check Card.
How do I make a payment using Classic Bank's Mobile Banking?
To make a bill payment, open Classic Bank's Mobile Banking App and select 'Bill Payments', then select 'Make Payment'. You will then see a list of your payees. Select the payee you wish to pay, enter the amount you want to pay, and the date you want to make the payment. Once you select continue, you will see a summary page. If all the information is correct, select 'Make Payment'. The payment now has been scheduled. You will be presented with a confirmation page that will contain your confirmation number.
Can significant others access a joint account from two different mobile phones?
Yes. Two people can have access to the same joint account number via their individual mobile phones. Both people, however, select separate passcodes to access the App.
Will someone have access to my account if my phone is lost or stolen?
As longs as your passcode to the App remains secure, you are protected from fraudulent use. If you only use our balance inquiry text message service, no personal or sensitive information is stored on your phone, and you are protected from fraudulent use. We recommend that you always report the loss to your mobile carrier and stop service to your phone.
Do I need to notify Classic Bank if I lose my mobile phone?
No. Report the loss to your mobile carrier to stop service to your phone. If your original phone number is retained after you receive a new phone, you will need to download our App again. Your existing passcode will continue to work. If you are issued a new phone number, you will need to repeat the registration/activation process.
What should I do if I forget my App passcode?
For security purposes, if you forgot your passcode or entered an incorrect passcode five consecutive times, you will need to request a new passcode by selecting the 'Passcode Request' link from the 'Help' screen. Resetting your passcode requires going through the activation process again.
Whom do I contact if I need help?
Contact 866-453-1796 for mobile banking 24/7 support.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
1. Your wireless carrier's standard messaging rates apply to SMS correspondence. Classic Bank does not charge for any content; however, downloadable content may incur additional charges from your wireless carrier. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging plan. Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside of our control. All charges are billed by and payable to your Wireless Carrier.
2. You represent that you are the owner, or authorized user of the wireless device you use to receive the service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
3. We will send you a message only once, and only with your explicit agreement as indicated by your continuation of the process flow.
4. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile device. SMS message services are provided on an as is, as available basis.
5. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier's name, and the date, time, and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request form us, and to otherwise operate, develop, and improve the service. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data from your SMS usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. We will only use the information you provide to the service to transmit your text message or as otherwise described in this document. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the service, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information.
6. The service as well as the content and materials received through the service are proprietary to us and our licensors, and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You shall not damage, impair, interfere with, or disrupt the service or its functionality.
7. The service is available only in the United States.
8. We reserve the right to alter charges and/or these terms and conditions from time to time. We may suspend or terminate the service to you if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions. Your service is also subject to termination in the event your wireless service terminates or lapses. We may discontinue the service at any time.
9. If you have any questions, email email@example.com. You can also text the word HELP to 32858 to get additional information about the service. If you receive a message from us unexpectedly, you can text the word STOP to 32858. We do not charge for help or info messages; however, your normal carrier rates apply.